San Carlos Obituary, Death -The coroner identified the man fatally shot by Redwood City police as a 36-year-old San Carlos resident on Wednesday. The man was identified as Abran Gutierrez by the San Mateo County Coroner’s Office. According to Steve Wagstaff, the county’s district attorney, Gutierrez had no prior contact with law enforcement as an adult. An argument between the suspect and the mother of one of his children prompted a witness to call 911, according to investigators.

The call for assistance set in motion a series of events that culminated in Tuesday’s police shooting. From their nearby apartment balcony, she and her boyfriend, David Thomas, had a bird’s eye view of the events and violence.”I saw a swarm of cops or a tactical unit converge on the car,” Thomas said. According to Wagstaff, a witness saw Gutierrez and the unidentified woman arguing inside and outside of a Prius with three children nearby.

“I heard everything before the gunshots,” said witness Breana Hume. “He and his child’s mother had a squabble. As a result, cops were called.” Wagstaff confirmed this. A swarm of Redwood City police officers arrived three minutes later and attempted to negotiate with Gutierrez. According to police, he was carrying a gun and threatened to shoot the woman and her children. “I swear I heard one of them pop. Then someone else appears. And they stood out from the cops’ pop, pop, pop “This was Hume’s claim.

“We were certainly concerned. I believe my girlfriend preferred to stay inside.” In addition, Thomas stated Gutierrez was shot multiple times by at least five officers. Despite being rushed to a nearby hospital, Gutierrez died as a result of his injuries. Wagstaff would not comment on why the officers opened fire. “I’m not going to say anything until we’ve interviewed every officer involved. We interviewed about a half-dozen witnesses “This is exactly what he said.

According to Wagstaff, the district attorney’s office will use the coroner’s report, witness interviews, and interviews with the officers involved in the shooting to determine whether this was a lawful use of lethal force.
Residents near the shooting scene are concerned that the next act of gun violence in America may take place right outside their door. SEE ALSO: Berkeley’s police chief’s appointment is on hold while an investigation into arrest quotas is conducted; the union president resigns.

“I’ve never personally witnessed gun violence. As a result, the first time is scary.” This was Hume’s claim.According to Wagstaff, the investigation into the shooting will take about two and a half months. While the investigation is ongoing, the five officers have been placed on paid administrative leave.