Phymor Tenry Obituary, Death – The Thurston County Coroner’s Office has identified a man who was pursued by law enforcement and fatally shot on Nov. 14 near Tenino. According to Coroner Gary Warnock, Phymor Tenry, 21, of Gresham, Oregon, died at the scene of multiple gunshot wounds. While the investigation is ongoing, three Lewis County deputies, a Centralia officer, and a Chehalis officer have been placed on paid administrative leave.

The investigation is being led by the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Department, and a timeline of events was released on November 17. Around 11:40 a.m. on November 14, police were called to a suspicious vehicle at a Chevron gas station in Napavine, Lewis County. When a Napavine police officer investigated the vehicle’s past, he discovered it had been stolen in Oregon during an armed carjacking. When the officer requested assistance, the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office was contacted.

The two officers attempted to stop the vehicle, but it refused to yield and continued north on I-5. A gun was fired at the officers, and their vehicle was hit, according to the news release. Officers used spike strips to slow the suspect vehicle as it approached Interstate 5. The vehicle, however, continued north until it reached Exit 88 and came to a stop.

The driver was shot in the arm after the suspects refused to get out of another car that was stopped at a traffic light. The driver continued down the road to a safe location, where first aid was administered by a Centralia officer and a Lewis County deputy. The driver was eventually taken to the hospital. In the meantime, the two suspects successfully stole another vehicle from the overpass area. Officers and suspects exchanged gunshots. The two suspects then drove down Old Highway 99, stopping near Violet Prairie Road. One of the suspects emerged from the truck’s bed and handed himself in. That individual was apprehended before being transported to the hospital with multiple gunshot wounds.

Tenry, the other suspect, drove another 50 yards before exiting “confrontationally” and confronting the officers verbally. Officers allegedly gave verbal commands to the suspect, which he allegedly ignored. After the suspect pointed a handgun at them, two officers opened fire. The suspect was struck multiple times and died at the scene. The officers were not injured. When the final suspect is released from the hospital, he or she will be arrested. The Lewis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office will decide on the charges and handle the case once the investigation is completed.