Paul Foster Obituary, Death – According to an inquest, a bedroom candle started a fatal fire that engulfed a husband and wife’s home in seconds. Paul and Jayne Foster were killed on January 29th when a fire broke out in their home on Forster Street in Kirkby-in-Ashfield.
On Monday, an inquest at Nottingham Council House heard that the fire started after the couple lit a candle in their bedroom and shut the door.

“Without their knowledge, the candle ignited a fabric cover, causing a major fire to develop in their bedroom in a matter of minutes,” Gordon Clow, assistant coroner for Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, explained.
Due to the accumulation of fire and super-heated smoke, the door to the bedroom collapsed minutes later.
“That smoke quickly engulfed the property, enveloping Mr. and Mrs. Foster, who were in the kitchen at the opposite end of their small property,” the report says.

” As a result, they lost consciousness quickly.” According to the court, a young person passing by who saw smoke coming from the house called for help. When firefighters arrived, they discovered a severe fire that had spread throughout the property, as well as Mr. and Mrs. Foster who were found unconscious. The inquest concluded that it was too late to save Mr. and Mrs. Foster, who were pronounced dead at the scene. Mr. Clow came to the conclusion that Mr. Foster died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation, with ischaemic heart disease serving as a secondary cause.

Mrs Foster died from smoke inhalation, with ischaemic heart disease as a secondary cause. Mr Clow stated, “There were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the fire, and there was no third-party involvement.” “I’d like to thank the brave young person who initially dialed 999.” “He is deserving of recognition for his efforts.” Chris Emmott, Group Manager and Fire Investigation Officer for Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service, warned about the dangers of leaving candles unattended.

“This was a tragic incident that resulted in two tragic deaths,” he said. “I’d like to thank the responding crews and Joint Fire Control operators for their quick work.” We’re all aware that candles are frequently used in the home, but I’d like to remind everyone of the dangers they can pose. “It’s critical that they’re in the proper holders and on a stable base,” I say. “Keep flames away from anything that could catch fire, and never leave them unattended.” Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service extends its heartfelt condolences to Mr. and Mrs. Foster’s family; they will be greatly missed.”